A day to be Lance Armstrong

Yesterday I made some progress on my "Healthy Living" mission by implementing a new method which is 

cycling


I dont now why but i simply do not understand why nowadays, I'm so up for these things. It feels really weird having this enthuasiasm about these things especially when it comes from a person like me. I mean whats next, could I be doing some Tai chee after this? Maybe a little poco poco with all the middle aged mothers?

Anyway this idea came up when I was lepaking with a couple school friends of mine last night. Hazik was "weh, jom berbeskel jauh jauh nak?". Honestly i had mixed feelings about it since it's been a long time i last rode my bicycle but I felt great excitement about it as well since it wouldnt be as boring and dull as jogging around my neighborhood. 

Although, regardless of how excited I was, first thing first, gotta fix the old bike. i spent bout 40 ringgit on new tires. The bike is all rusty and it even has spider webs on the rims. It may not be as flashy and cool as the other sexy racing bikes with thin tires, but this baby brought me to school, my tuition classes and all other places back then.

The cycling journey was unexpectedly fun actually. I cycled as far as to the Raja Perempuan School, and returned to the origin which is, of course, my house. Where else. After some extreme and complex math calculations, we  estimated that we cycled for about 10 KM. How did we figure it out? Well we dont have an odometer on the bike so we figured that a normal bike goes up to 10-15KM/hour. The total time we cycled was a bout an hour or so. So there you go. 10 KM in one hour. Kan senang. Eezy peezy

Anyway, some tips about cycling at roads with heavy traffic are 
-Stay as left as you can cause u dont want big cars like Toyota Unser to be poking your ass. 
-To see what's behind you, don't turn your head to the right, turn left instead since u can be bitchslapped if there's a motorist passing you. 
-Dont go too fast on heavy gear since you can get dead legs and your journey will be over sooner rather than later.
-Dont talk to your cylcing mates. It can tire you, a lot.

Anyway, I hope I'll be doing some cycling soon. Not on a daily basis, but 3 times a week would be nice.But i seriously have to change the seats or else my ass will feel i have no mercy on it. I gotta sleep, my thigh is killing me

Comments

4 Responses to "A day to be Lance Armstrong"

Anonymous said... May 20, 2009 at 9:58 AM

been living a healthy life i see.
huhu. keep it up!
did u get a bitchslap from the motorcyclist? :P

Azim Ali said... May 20, 2009 at 10:07 AM

haha yeah, i'll try to be consistent with it. But i really doubt it :P

haha mane ade laa, but bahage gak la if pusing head to the right. motorist laju gile

Unknown said... May 21, 2009 at 12:52 AM

xletih ke azim oiiii????

Azim Ali said... May 21, 2009 at 3:53 AM

letih la.
takpe, i got stamina cam essien :D

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Azim Ali. 22 this year (2009), living in Ipoh, Malaysia and studying in Shah Alam, Malaysia. I'm pretty much the kind of a person who loves to talk talk talk and say anything that i wish i wanna say. Have fun reading my b l o g

A mission in life

Followers